Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Time to Get Baking!

It's hard to believe Big-Bug will be five years old tomorrow.  It seems as if the time has gone by in a blink!  At the same time, I can't even remember my life without him in it.  To mark the occasion we are making some cupcakes with cherry buttercream frosting and sprinkles! I am finally finding a way to break in my too-cute mini silicone baking cups as well.

Assuming there isn't too much snow tomorrow, Big-Bug will be going on a field trip with his preschool class.  They are taking a tour of a local grocery store.  He is very excited to experience his first school-day birthday and has picked out some cute bubble wands to distribute to his classmates to celebrate. This weekend we are expecting both sets of grandparents and my sister to arrive in town.  We are going to have a small birthday party for Big-Bug at a local pizzeria and arcade (by request.) 

I am making Big-Bug a pirate themed cake with two varieties of cake and two varieties of frosting.  I have been planning, designing and scheming about this cake for so long, I can hardly wait to get baking!! We are also planning some pirate sugar-cookies to give to our guests as favors, so I will be getting cozy in the kitchen for the remainder of the week!  I just LOVE to bake :)  It is like one big, tasty art project!!

1 comment:

molly. said...

Happy Birthday to your eldest! Hope he has a great day! They are growing up way too fast.

Post a Comment