Friday, June 26, 2009

Reasons carpet is no fun

I have always sworn to Hubby that any house we own will be completely without carpet. I am guessing the original inventor(s) imagined a nice carpet would warm up the floor, cushion the feet, etc. But with central air and comfy slippers...I just don't see the need.

What I DO see is an extremely vulnerable (see: everything lands on me) part of the house which is made of stain-able, difficult to clean material. My life would become immeasurably easier if I could only rid my house of all things carpet.

For example, last night when I dropped an entire bowl of chili on the floor as I carried it to the table (still not sure how that one happened) instead of spending the next hour on my hands and knees scrubbing the carpet and picking beans out of the fibers...I could have simply wiped it up...maybe used the mop if I was feeling ambitious.

Similarly, tonight...when the boys were running around naked, fresh from the bath while I laid out pajamas, grabbed diapers and put toothpaste on their respective brushes, the massive poop Middle-Bug decided to deposit on his bedroom floor would have been a much simpler task to clean. Also...when Big-Bug and Middle-Bug BOTH stepped in the pile, then ran out to tell me "poop is here!" it wouldn't have resulted in a trail from one end of the house to the other, requiring much knee-work and multiple bottles of cleaner/stain remover. And can I just say...it's one thing to step in your own poop when you're a toddler...but your brother's? That's just gross.

1 comment:

Jessy said...

You poor thing! I feel your pain. The boys' bathroom is carpeted - who puts carpet in a bathroom?! As soon as the addition to the boys' bedroom is done, the carpet is coming out of the bathroom, hall, and dining room!!

I also had flashbacks to Joey ten years ago pooping on the bathmat while I was in the shower - too many times to count!

Post a Comment